Exam Review Night
Dear Ninth and Tenth Grade Families,
We just wanted to send out one final reminder for our Cocoa and Cram - Exam Review Night. While not mandatory, the evening is offered to our Freshmen and Sophomore Classes as a way to kick off their study sessions for their midyear exams.
We have over 20 teachers across all core content areas (English, Math, Social Studies, Science, and World Languages) and dozens of NHS Peer Tutors prepared to help. The evening is "drop-in" style, with students being allowed to move freely from one content area to another as their needs dictate. Our teachers and peer tutors have all of the study guides, so they will be able to answer any specific questions asked of them.
Here are a few important particulars (which have been shared with students as well):
- We have asked students to begin reporting to the PHS Auditorium at 6 p.m. At 6:15 p.m. sharp, we will frame the night for them, explaining how the evening will unfold, before sending them on their way at 6:25 p.m.
- The review period will run from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Hot chocolate, cookies, and other treats will be served throughout the evening.
- As a general rule, once students have joined us for the evening, they will not be allowed to come and go as they please. We hope you understand the safety reasons for this expectation.
- However, we do understand that some parents may want their child to leave prior to 8:30 p.m. In this case, students can present a "dismissal" note signed by the parent, or a staff member can call a parent of any student wishing to leave to confirm that the student has parent approval.
We are looking forward to a productive evening with our freshmen and sophomores. We hope they find it beneficial as they prepare for their very first Exam Week here at PHS!
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.