PHS COURSE SELECTION
Teachers conferenced with students to make course recommendations in February. Students in grades 8-11 will met with their guidance counselor in seminars to select courses for the 2022.2023 school year. The schedule was as follows:
- Grade 11 - Tuesday, March 8 - Friday, March 11
- Grade 10 - Tuesday, March 15 - Friday, March 18
- Grade 9 - Tuesday, March 29 - Friday, April 1
- Grade 8 - During 21st Century Skills March 7-April 1
Students are strongly encouraged to read course descriptions in the Program of Studies prior to selecting courses. The curriculum coordinators along with the guidance counselors held assemblies during Titan Time, February 15th -18th, to discuss course sequences and course elective options. Students will receive a course list prior to the end of the school year. Students are encouraged to review their course lists and see their guidance counselor with any questions or concerns. Students will be permitted to make course changes prior to the first day of school.
A Program of Studies Night took place in the PHS Auditorium on March 2nd at 6:30 PM. If you were unable to attend, the Program of Studies Presentation is available to view below. This is a great way to learn about graduation requirements, course sequences and course elective options. A full list of course election options and the Program of Studies is also available to download below. It is important for students to read the course descriptions in the Program of Studies prior to selecting courses.
- 4 Years of English (16 Credits)
- 4 Years of Mathematics (16 Credits)
- 3 Years of Science (including Biology & Chemistry) (12 Credits)
- 3 Years of History (World History II, US History I & US History II) (12 Credits)
- 4 Semesters of Wellness (8 Credits)
Students must complete 88 credits in order to graduate as well as complete 40 hours of Community Service