Absence Management for Substitute Teachers
Logging in on the Web
- Click the link below. Absence Management will open in a new tab. You will be able to click back to this tab to continue following these instructions.
- Enter your ID number and PIN
- Click Login.
Can’t remember your login info?
If you’re having trouble logging in, click the Login Problems link next to the “Login” button for more information.
Finding Available Jobs
Aesop makes it easy to find available jobs right on the homepage. Jobs available for you to accept show in green on the calendar and in list form under the “Available Jobs” tab. To accept a job, simply click the Accept button next to the absence. If you do not want to accept this job, click the Reject button, instead.
Getting Help and Training
If you have questions, want to learn more about a certain feature, or want more information about a specific topic, click the Help tab to go to the Aesop Learning Center to search Aesop’s knowledge base of help and training materials.
Using Aesop on the Phone
Not only is Aesop available on the web, but you can also find and accept available jobs, manage personal information, change your PIN number, and more, all over the phone.
To call Aesop, dial 1-800-942-3767. You’ll be prompted to enter your ID number (followed by the # sign), then your PIN number (followed by the # sign).
When calling Aesop, you can:
- Find available jobs – Press 1
- Review or cancel upcoming jobs – Press 2
- Review or cancel a specific job – Press 3
- Review or change your personal information – Press 4
When Aesop Calls You:
If an available job has not been filled by another substitute two days before the absence is scheduled to start, Aesop will automatically start calling substitutes, trying to fill the job. Keep in mind, when Aesop calls you, it will be calling about one job at a time, even if you’re eligible for other jobs. You can always call into Aesop (see “When You Call Aesop” section above) to hear a list of all available jobs.
When you receive a call from Aesop, you can:
- Listen to available jobs – Press 1
- Prevent Aesop from calling again today – Press 2
- Tell Aesop the Sub it is trying to reach is not available – Press 3
- Prevent Aesop from ever calling again – Press 9
If you are interested in the available job, Press 1. You will be asked to enter your PIN number (followed by the # sign). At this point, Aesop will list the job details, and you will have the opportunity to accept or reject the job.